Sunday, March 4, 2007

diva marketing blog comments

I recently read an article on the Diva Marketing Blog called Help Starbucks Get Its Groove Back. The article, created by an author with friends at Starbucks, basically wants people tp post about ways they think Starbucks can improve and differentiate themselves. The author posted what he thought about Starbucks. He goes on to say that Starbucks was initially successful because of its warmth and environment. He thinks that in order for Starbucks to continue in its success, the company needs baristas who are friendly and hospitable. He also suggests that they do events like jazz night, or bring in bakery cookies. Ultimately, Starbucks should try to stray from the cookie cutter corporate tendencies and concentrate on being a neighborhood place.
I definately agree with that idea. I am an avid fan of Starbucks. I go there a few times a week, occasionally even more than once a day. I love the coffee, but I love the atmosphere and feel of the store too. When I go home during breaks from school the first thing that me and my friends do is meet up at Starbucks, sit in the comfy chairs, and talk for hours. It is a place to go to relax, meet up with friends, and hang out. Starbucks is inviting and people want to be there. Therefore Starbucks should try to think of even more ways to make people want to go there, drink coffee, and hang out.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I agree with you in that I love the atmosphere at Starbucks, however there are definitely a lot of people that prefer other coffee locations such as Dunkin Donuts or Brew Haha. Therefore, this strategy is a great way for Starbucks to get honest, raw customer feedback. The people writing improvement suggestions can be honest without feeling like they are attacking the company. Plus, this type of information is free to Starbucks!

Jerskine said...

Exactly. There are tons of coffee places besides Starbucks, so they really have to know how to draw in and retain customers. I agree with the fact that this is a great way for the consumers to comment, because they can be honest. Any type of free information is always good!