Thursday, March 15, 2007

VALS survey results

We recently discussed different types if research in class. One mode that we discussed was primary research, specifically the VALS survey. I decided to take the survey and see what it said about me. The results came back to say that my primary VALS type is an experiencer, and my secondary type is acheiver. The primary type represent my dominant approach to life, and the secondary type represents a particular emphasis I give to my dominant approach.
The description of experiencers is that they are enthusiastic, young, and impulsive. They seek variety and excitement and like new and offbeat things. Experiencers spend alot of money on fashion, entertainment and socializing. Experiencers purchases reflect their emphasis for looking good and having cool things.
I agree and disagree with this evaluation. While I do like excitement and am enthusiastic, I would not say that I like offbeat things. I do agree on the part about spending alot of money on fashion, entertainemt, and socializing. I feel like that is where all of my money goes sometimes.
The secondary type of acheiver description I also agree and disagree with. It says that acheivers are goal-oriented and commited to career and family, which sounds like me. It also says that acheivers are conservative and value stability, predictablity, and consensus. I can definately agree with that. In types if acheivers consumer habits, they favor established, prestigious products that show success to their peers because image is important to them. I do value image, quality and well-known products.
I guess all in all the VALS survey was pretty accurate in determining what type I am.

No comments: